08172017Headline:

Seattle, Washington

HomeWashingtonSeattle

Email Mike Myers Mike Myers on LinkedIn Mike Myers on Twitter Mike Myers on Facebook
Mike Myers
Mike Myers
Contributor •

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Comments Off

At least 100 people, including one man who died, suffered carbon monoxide poisoning after they dragged generators and charcoal grills inside to stay warm following widespread power outages in Western Washington. A 26-year-old Kirkland man was found dead in his home yesterday with a generator running in the living room. Other victims as young as 11 months were treated at Seattle-area hospitals after inhaling carbon monoxide. Today at least five people remain at Harborview Medical Center, one in serious condition and the others stable. Virginia Mason has treated more than 55 victims in its hyperbaric chamber, which re-oxygenates the blood.

Guests of the homeowners who decided to bring their grills and generators indoors have personal injury claims against their hosts. These claims should be covered by the hosts’ homeowner policies and should be pursued.